News and Newsletters
Covid Vaccine Update
23 Dec 2020
COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccinations
We are now booking all of our over 80 year old patients and care home staff for the COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccinations. The vaccinations are being done at St.Charles Hospital. We are contacting eligible patients by phone and will book them for two appointments, 3 weeks apart.
Please see this leaflet for more information.
Please DO NOT come to the practice unless you are asked. If you have an appointment, please make sure you have a mask/facecovering. You will not be allowed into the practice without one. For the latest government information, including test, please go to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
14 Dec 2020
Firstly, we would like to say that we do appreciate all the enquiries and interest we have been receiving from all of you. We are all excited to hear that there is real progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- Some hospitals have now received the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine and have started to vaccinate patients. The hospitals are sending out invitations to the patients they are able to vaccinate.
- The vaccine will be made available for groups of general practices and will initially be delivered from central sites such as St Charles Hospital.
- We are waiting to hear the delivery date of local vaccines which is expected at the end of December 2020.
- We have to follow strict government guidelines which tell us which group of patients to vaccinate first.
- We will contact you if you are eligible for a vaccine when we know what date the vaccine is available for you.
- It is essential, if you are given a vaccine, that you return for the second part of the vaccination on the date that you are advised to.
- Please do not telephone us to ask when or if you are going to get a Covid Vaccine. We will contact you individually if and when you are invited to have one and will keep this website updated with as much information as we can.
- We have many patients to vaccinate so we ask for your patience as we work through this vaccination programme which will last well into 2021.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Please click the link below for access to a leaflet about the coronavirus vaccine.
Thank you for your patience and keep safe,
The Pembridge Villas Team
Patient Survey 2020
Please help us to help you by kindly filling in our new patient survery HERE